Hello everyone! If you are like me, then you may like a good mask. I enjoy using different types of masks to fit my skin's needs. Today I will show you five purifying masks that I have used, and let you know which I loved the most. They are great for declogging your skin of impurities, oil, and just giving your skin a nice, clean and fresh beginning.
- Origins Clear Improvements Active Charcoal Mask ($17-$25): Deeply clears out you pores by using activated charcoal. This one is my top favorite mask! My skin feels pure, clean, fresh, and smooth after use. I typically use this as an overnight mask.
- Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment ($69): A treatment used to promote clear complexion by targeting, preventing, and healing the skin. This is a great mask, but I have a love hate relationship with it as sometimes it helps clear my acne, but other times it doesn't.
- Sephora Mud Mask Purifying and Mattifying ($19): Cleanses the skin by removing impurities, unclogging pores, and reducing appearances of blemishes. This is a new mask from Sephora and it reminds me of the Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment. It has the same drying effect as Glamglow, but personally, I would choose this one over Glamglow because 1) its cheaper then Glamglow, 2) it pretty much works the same!
- Caudalie Purifying Mask ($39) (not pictured above as it was a sample): A mask that absorbs impurities, tightens the appearance of pores, and reduces breakouts. Not a fan of this mask as it doesn't "set" and dry up like a typical clay mask does. After about 20 minutes, it still felt tacky and was a bit oily in between my fingers. I didn't really feel any declogging or purifying effects from it.
- Boscia Luminizing Black Mask ($34): A peel off mask designed to detox, purify, and brighten the skin. This is a cool mask since it does peel off. But be careful not to get it around your hair or sensitive skin areas such as eyes, since it does hurt to remove! You can rinse it with water if it is too painful to peel off. Although it is a nice mask, I don't think I will be repurchasing this as I would rather use a clay mask to purify my skin and draw out impurities.
Watch the video below for more details about each mask!