Tuesday, June 3, 2014

CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor | Rose Pearl 547

 CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor is "America's #1 long-wearing lipcolor...that gives brilliant coverage, color and shine for up to 16 hours." You can purchase this lipstick at any drugstore that carries CoverGirl. I bought the color Rose Pearl 547.
 The lipcolor has a two step system: 1) the lipstick, and 2) a moisturizing topcoat. The lipstick comes in a doefoot applicator form and applies like a lipgloss. The topcoat looks and applies like a lip balm. However, before applying the topcoat, the lipstick must dry on the lips first. It feels very tight and uncomfortable at first, but then the topcoat/balm smoothes it all over. 
 CoverGirl Rose Pearl is a bright pinkish red color. I would say that the pink is on the cool side. The color is very opaque and since it is from the "Pearl" collection, it has some pearlescent qualities to it and doesn't look flat.
 The best part about this product is that it is kiss-proof and eating/drinking proof! You no longer have to worry about having lipstick stains all over your cup or straw, and you can still kiss someone without getting lipstick all over them! Plus, you don't need to reapply right after eating. 
This was taken a little after applying the topcoat...Look! No lipstick markings! 
Their are a few negatives however. First, after a long while, your lips will get dry again unless you reapply the topcoat. Second, once it is completely dry, you can see where it ends on your inner lips. I have tried blending it out with my finger to make it less noticeable, but it still shows that sharp demarkation line (I hope you know what I'm talking about!) Third, what happens after the topcoat/balm is used up and there is still the lipstick color left? Would a normal lip balm work, because CoverGirl does not sell the topcoat individually. 

If you want long wearing lipstick, this is one of the best products I have seen so far that actually live up to its claim. I recommend this!

 photo withlove_zpsa29dab2d.jpg

8 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like the gloss with that liquid lipstick just locks it in! I've been skeptical but that kiss that proves me otherwise! I like that shade, totally pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like it does! I was skeptical as well, but it works!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Its a gorgeous shade! Much more vibrant in person though ;)

      Delete
  3. Saw this on IG and had to check it out! This looks very similar to a Loreal one I tried! I love that it's transfer-proof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which Loreal one is that? And thats the best part about it ;)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous color and your teeth are so white! I haven't shopped in the drugstore for a while so might have to go take a look!

    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Des! Hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer break. I tried this product back when I first became interested in makeup, around the beginning of college. One of my friends was hooked on these long-lasting lip stains from Maybelline, L'Oreal, and Cover Girl and she bought me one and the dryness was so difficult for me to handle. The color suits you though. The colors are attractive, but the dry formula of these is horrible and it is annoying to use a two-step product. Haha. Could I whine much?! :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...