Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Estee Lauder Day Wear Oil-Free Creme

Hey everyone! This is my first skin care product review. Estee Lauder Day Wear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxident Creme Oil-Free SPF 25 (what a mouthful!) is a day creme that is designed to defend skin against signs of premature aging and diminish their appearance while providing oil-free moisture. It is oil-free and has SPF 25. It is 1.7 ounces and retails for $48.00, but I don't remember buying it for that much. Usually, if bought at Dillard's or Macy's there is a gift with purchase that comes with different Estee Lauder beauty items in a cute makeup bag. 
E.L. Day Wear creme has a pale green color and smells slightly of cucumbers. I do not like cucumbers, but was not offended by the scent, it was bearable. I found that the SPF 25 was actually pretty good. I have gone out on a boat with scorching sun, and I only applied this creme on my face and had an SPF 45 sunscreen on my body, but guess what got sunburned? My body! I found that pretty amazing! 
The moisturizing qualities are average in my opinion. I have had dry patches and flaking from acne medication on an area on my face and it still left it dry. When I apply the creme, it feels almost greasy on my face. It is suppose to be "light weight", but I don't get that feel. This is not the kind of feeling I want before applying makeup. 
Pros:
- Great SPF, kept me sunburnt free
Cons: 
- Expensive
- Felt a bit greasy
- Moisturizing qualities were ok, nothing special or WOW-ing
Would I repurchase? No, I found this creme to be just average. Still looking for an overall great product.

2 comments:

  1. estee lauder has such great products
    notoriouseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! But this one was kind of a miss for me, unfortunately.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments! So please feel free to leave me one. Thanks for stopping by my blog <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...